Friday, January 23, 2015


That would be me...after hearing I can't have 5+ Diet Cokes at 1 time anymore. 
Like, WHAT?

Here's why...

So, okay yesterday I was having a Diet Coke (or 2 to be exact) during my Morning Show, and everything was fine...until about an hour after.

I had noticed that I wasn't having any episodes of dizziness once the #NutritionMission started, and I cut soft drinks out, so it didn't occur to me that Diet Coke might be causing problems.

(Let's be honest- Cutting out DC was a hard pill to swallow. Diet Coke & Chard are like 2 of my favorite things.)

Yesterday: 

I was going to pick up my friend and go shopping right after work, but when I got in the car, a dizzy spell immediately set in. My drive home is like 2 minutes, and by the time I parked, I literally thought I was going to pass out. 

I was like OH MAN- it's another hypoglycemic episode! I hadn't eaten much...but I had consumed a looooot of sugar due to the DC's.

I called my friend to say we would shop like an hour later...I can't make good decisions on sweaters when i'm halfway to passing out!

Overall:

If this #NutritionMission has been good for anything, it has shown me that Diet Coke is a contributing factor to the occasional dizziness, and 1 is much better than 2 at a time!

That's what was causing the problem all along. I remember having like 5 a day, but I never realized what it was doing. 
#NoBueno

Now, I am having more water than i've ever had. I still loathe it, but hey, its healthy!

It looks like i've reached a happy medium with the DC/Chard/Water consumption!

 A tricky part for me is that my hypoglycemia is brought on by stress. Yesterday was STRESSFUL! I knew it was probably going to happen, but i'm glad it did, because now I know what triggers it.

No more than 1 DC a day for this girl...water it is!

Good News: The shopping trip was fabulous!

No comments: